There are a ton of ways to get people to sign up for your email marketing offers. I’ve put together a list for you to read, so you know all of the ways you can be growing your list.
1. Put an offer on the back of your business cards to get people to sign up for your newsletter.
2. Tradeshows – Bring a clipboard or sign-up book with you to tradeshows and ask for permission to send email to those who sign up.
3. Include a newsletter sign-up link in your signature of all of your emails.
4. Send an opt-in email to your address book asking them to join your list.
5. Join your local chamber of commerce, email the member list (if it’s opt-in) about your services with a link to sign up to your newsletter, for the other 24…read on
I have one thing to add, make sure you send them all at least a welcome email. Whether it is an immediate transactional response to the sign-up or a campaign to the list you gathered at a face to face event. In fact with face to face events and trade shows with today’s mobile internet could might consider adding them to the list there and then but there is the argument that the next day message would be good.